Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Limits

When God called Moses to serve he replied. "O my Lord, Ian not eloquent, neither before not since you have spoken to your servant: but I am slow of speech and slow of tongue "(Exodus 4:10)

The Lord said to him " Who has made man's mouth? or who makes the mute, the deaf, the seeing, or the blind: Have not I, the Lord? (Exodus 11).

Our impairment, our disabilities, our handicaps are used by God for His own glory, His way of dealing with them may not be to remove then but to endow us with strength and use our limitations for good.
 If our weaknesses cause us to seek God and to rely on Him they actually help us instead of hinder us. In fact, they become the best thing that could haapen to us, because our growth in courage,power and happiness depends on out relationship with the Lord and how much we are relying on Him.

Three times the apostle Paul pleaded with the Lord to remove his impediment but the Lods answered " My Grace is sufficient" ( 2 Corinthians 112:9). Paul then gloried in his limitations for he realized that they did not limit him as he put it " When I am weak then I am strong.



No comments:

Post a Comment